Arthur's Library Card

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

#9 Useful Library-Related Blogs & News Feeds

A. Which method of finding feeds did I find easiest to use?
After spending time with the many blog search tools I believe I would rather use Goggle Reader and the specific blogs I chose than to muddle through the search tools. It is easier to find items I am interested in through Google Reader than the feeds and blogs.

B. Which Search tool was the easiest for me?
The easiest tool to navigate is Google Blog Search. Finding the right key word to use is very important also. I found myself having to return to my search and put quotes in to limit my search. I don't like having to constantly tell the search that I want all words together. Why would I put them all there if I wanted more or less than I asked for?

C. Which was more confusing?
Syndic8 made no sense to me as I attempted to navigate through it. Topix wasn't much better. For students these types of information blogs should be a lot more self-explanatory.

D. What other tools or ways did you find to locate news feeds.
I tend to use to news feeds that come up on my homepage or through Juno or MSN. These are current and what I am most interested in. I also hope to find library journals online to save subscription costs.

1 comment:

VWB said...

School Library journal is online..not exactly like the print version but lots of good stuff...including Joyce Valenza's blog!