Arthur's Library Card

Sunday, July 27, 2008

#18: Online Productivity Tools

I spent quit a bit of time on thing 18. I spent time on Open Office and even downloaded it to my desktop. I started a Power Point that comes from a site I found on the Internet. I'll have to search for it and then upload it to my blog at a later time. I'll put mine up also when I finish.

I like Open Office because it is free and is available to match up with a variety of versions of Microsoft. I'm not sure about Apple because I never work on one, but that would be great if it did. This will allow students to work at home, classroom, library, etc. and be able to find their work.

I also played around with Google Doc. I tried to put the Power Point presentation on library rules, regulations, and skills, but could not get shapes or color on the slides. I was also not able to get different lines to come in separately. I got all or nothing.

I'm looking forward to sharing this with my teachers and students.

No comments: