Arthur's Library Card

Friday, August 1, 2008

#23:Summarize Your Thoughts about This Program

I can't believe I'm through all 23 things. Now the work and play has really begun in keeping up with the different sites I have discovered and also showing teachers at school some of the "Things" I've learned.

What was my favorite discoveries on this learning journey?
My favorite discoveries were the many different sites in thing #10 dealing with the online image generators. I had fun making different cartoons and captions and getting some ideas for this coming school year. I also made a trading card of my dear Mariah (piebald dachshund) for my vet after she died this summer. He loved it and it made me cry. I can't wait to finish my version of the The Library Show I picked up in del.icio.us.

How has this program assisted or affected my lifelong learning goals?
This process has shown me that there is so much more to learn in the field of technology. I found out how little I really knew before I started these series of lessons. I hope I can successfully share some of my new-found knowledge to my colleagues at work.

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised me?
I was so excited when I successfully made and transferred my podcast to my blog. I called my roommate in to see my masterpiece. I think just the vast information and knowledge I gained form this program was a surprise in itself. I feel much more computer and Internet literate than I did 2 months ago.

What could be done differently to improve this program's format or concept?
The whole Library2Play was very well put together. I did hate to see so many teachers and librarians give up before they finished. I don't know how we could encourage these bloggers along since we don't know who they are or what school they are at.

If Spring Branch ISD offered another discovery program like Library2Play in the future would I choose to participate?
In a heartbeat, I would participate. It beat sitting around all summer being lazy. At first I felt rushed for time but by the time I really got into the process it became more interesting and fun. This is an excellent way to become more techno-savvy and not feel as much pressure. Thank you SBISD of contacting Houston ISD and allowing us to participate!

How would I describe my learning experience in ONE WORD or ONE SENTENCE, so SBISD can use my words to promote 23 Things learning activities?
It is had to choose just one word. The first word that came to mind comes from the Master
Card commercials and that would be PRICELESS. The things I learned this summer have really opened my eyes to what is available on the Internet. I am so glad I had the chance to learn new technology that I can learn from and also have some fun.

1 comment:

VWB said...

Congratulations on completing your summer task.

And sorry to hear about your dog. It sounds like he was a special friend.